Summer is only a few short months away, and before you know it, it will be time to open your pool! Soon you’ll be relaxing poolside and enjoying a dip in the cool, refreshing water. As all pool owners know though, it takes time and effort to maintain a backyard pool all summer long.
Hiring a pool service company is sure-fire way to make sure that your pool is clean, chemically balanced, and in working condition throughout the season. If you’re thinking of hiring a pool service company this year, consider the following when choosing your service provider:
- Experience. Seasoned pool professionals know pool maintenance like the back of their hand. They are well-versed in everyday pool care, like understanding the chemical balance of a pool and cleaning protocols. Experienced pool professionals are also skilled at trouble-shooting pool issues, like malfunctioning pumps or improper filtration.
- Customer Service. As with any contractor, communication is key. When looking for a pool service company, search out those who are responsive and take the time to answer your questions.
- Training. There is a lot to learn when it comes to professionally maintaining a pool, from pool chemistry to plumbing to heating and more. When considering a pool service provider, be sure to ask about their training standards for employees.
- Repair Service. It’s always a good idea to check with a pool service company to see if they provide repair service in addition to regular maintenance. That way, if something goes wrong with your pool, you’ll have someone you trust and who is familiar with the pool to complete the repairs.
- Insurance. Perhaps most important, you should always make sure the pool service company you contract with is insured. That way you won’t be held responsible for any potential accidents (like a slip or chemical exposure) that may occur on your property.
At Island Pool Services, we are entering our 14th summer as a pool service company. Island Pool Services is a member of the Association of Pool and Spa Professionals and our technicians attend at least one large pool and spa show a year, which includes at minimum of 10 to 15 hours of continuing education at the conference. Our full-service, insured pool company strives to be courteous, prompt, knowledgeable and honest, and our reviews show just that!
Contact Island Pool Services today at (757) 286-4689 to secure your spot this summer so you can receive the best white-glove service in Hampton Roads!