While having your own backyard pool is one of the best parts of summer, performing all of the maintenance is not something most people look forward to doing. Is it worth hiring a pool maintenance company to service your pool throughout the summer? Consider the pros and cons:
- Saves time. Each month, pool owners who perform their own maintenance spend approximately three to four hours cleaning their pools. Additionally, pool owners spend about two hours testing the water and making trips to the pool supply store to purchase chemicals. How much is your time worth? Hiring a pool maintenance company can be worth the investment when compared to the time required for you to do it yourself.
- Saves money on repairs. Having a professional maintain your pool means the job will be done correctly. Over time, guessing on the right chemical balance or doing a sub-par job on cleaning can take its toll on your pool, meaning you may have to perform costly repairs sooner than expected.
- Reduces risks of chemical storage. Pool chemicals need to be stored correctly and safely. Some chemicals, like chlorine, tend to rust nearby metals and need a dedicated space away from cars, bikes, and yard equipment. Other chemicals, like calcium hypochlorite-based shock, are very flammable. All chemicals need to be stored safely away from children and pets. Hiring a pool maintenance service allows your house to be free of pool chemicals.
- Costs money. Hiring a pool maintenance company is an additional cost that you will need to work into your budget. If finances are tight, hiring a pool maintenance company may not be an option.
- Requires shopping around for a quality company. Some pool maintenance companies are better than others. At the minimum, the pool service you choose should be licensed, insured, and certified. It may take a few tries until you find a pool maintenance company you can trust.
Island Pool Services prides itself on being the best pool service company in Hampton Roads. If you have any questions or concerns about your pool, or if you are ready to schedule pool service or weekly maintenance, give us a call today at (757) 286-4689.